This course is for mothers of primary school-age children starting early February in Zurich.
6 dynamic, interactive sessions, based on power point presentations, videos and discussion:
- Session 1: The Magic of Encouragement gives you an insight into every child’s behaviour, setting the scene the importance of your role in influencing your child’s behaviour. In this session you also receive your first vital tool in behaviour management.
- Session 2: The 4 Mistaken Goals of Behaviour – have you ever thought or asked your child “Why did you do that?” by the end of this session you will know exactly why your child is behaving as he does – and what you can do about it.
- Session 3: Respect and Boundaries and Routine – before establishing your leadership in discipline, we need to set the right environment as a backdrop to managing all behaviour. By the end of this session you will know how to set and maintain clear boundaries in an atmosphere of mutual respect.
- Session 4: Effective Discipline – does punishment work? Do I have to reward my child every time he does something right? How do I rectify negative behaviour? By now you have all the essential tools to correct behaviour without criticism and parent effectively.
- Session 5: Understand Unique Learning – acquire vital information about how children learn, understand the function of the brain in learning, how to assess your child’s unique learning
- Session 6: Helping my child learn – Close the learning gap! What is my child’s unique learning environment? How can I help him with his homework? You don’t need to be a trained teacher to support your child’s learning.